Re: Exporting problem

From: Hans de Ruiter <hans.ruiter-de_at_siemens.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:44:15 +0100

John;

[Quoted] (Note: I've said alert-log didn't I? I ment the creation-db-log...thought of the one wrote the other)
[Quoted] It's normally not done to rerun these scripts again, there are some possible [Quoted] reprecussions. Suppose a script does the following; dropping an table belonging to user x (Normal procedure while creating objects) and creates it, and than in script 2 drops the creating any table clause of user x. Rerunning script 1 again would cause an error telling user x can't create any tables. Since catproc calls quit a huge number of scripts it's impossible to oversee it's impact. Consider an full -export under sys. Since the export wouldn't take any sys and system objects, you wouldn't run [Quoted] into any problems. (If you tried to export the user sys: thats also not done) Recreating the database will cost you much less time.

Hans