JInitiator HTTP KeepAlive BUG?

From: Marinko <Marinko_at_email.hinet.hr>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:11:19 +0100

Hi!

We are using Forms 6i Patch 9 in configuration with Oracle9i Internet Application server 1.0.2.2 for Windows NT/2000.

Forms patch 9 is applied to IAS installation and version of JInitiator is 1.1.8.16. To connect with forms services, we are using Forms Servlet (servlet path is specified in serverURL parameter in formsweb.cfg).

Everything works OK, but performance is 10 times slower with JInitiator then with Microsoft JVM (also working with Forms Servlet).

I have located the problem with Windows 2000 'netstat -p tcp' : JInitiator is NOT USING HTTP KeepAlive !!!! New http connection is opened for every action in Forms (for example FIRST_RECORD).

I know that there was similar problem with https before version 1.1.8.11, but we have newer version of JInitiator.

Opening new form with JInitiator is cca 26 sec, and with Microsoft JVM only 3 sec (over 64kbit link), so JInitiator is unusable...And on the other side, Microsoft JVM is slower in painting and moving windows.

Is there solution to this problem ? How can i specify use of HTTP KeepAlive in configuration with JInitiator 1.1.8.16 and Forms Servlet?

Thanks. Received on Mon Mar 18 2002 - 10:11:19 CET

Original text of this message