Re: Running forms 6i on client

From: <SUSOTT_at_amnutrition.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:02:55 -0700

"Surfnet" <j.r.l.m.batailleREMOVE_THIS_at_uva.nl> wrote in message news:a6r70j$7ea$1_at_news.surfnet.nl...
> Hello Keld,
>
> how about System Support Files and Required Support Files (dll's and
stuff)?
> AFAIK these are required on every client. And pay attention to the
> REPORTSxx_TMP variable, users need write permission there and you propably
> don't want that on a network drive.
>
> Regards, Joost
>
> --
> Joost Bataille
> University of Amsterdam ICT centre
> www.ic.uva.nl
>
> "Keld Nielsen" <keldnielsen_at_image.dk> wrote in message
>
> > Forms runtime loaded on each machine ? Why ?
> > copy forms runtime (and any other ora exe files which may be needed)
> > to a (mapped) drive where the users have access. Create a script which
> will
> > --
> > set the environment variable(s) :
> >
> > FORMS60_PATH=<fmx location>;<oracle files location>
> > REPORTS... etc.
> >
> > <start> forms runtime <parm whatever>
> > --
> > create a desktop link to the script on the client.

Are there other support files not installed when the runtime was installed? [Quoted] It seems to have installed a lot of support files, although when I try to [Quoted] [Quoted] run my form I am getting this error FRM-40039 Cannot attach library OFGTEL [Quoted] while opening form. I am still searching for this library, any thoughts? Received on Fri Mar 15 2002 - 01:02:55 CET

Original text of this message