Re: DBA access after import (SYS and SYSTEM passwords)

From: Ron van Zijl \(Prive\) <"Ron>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:37:44 +0100

True, importing a FULL dataabse will overwrite the SYS and SYSTEM passwords.

First Question is if you need to do a full import or if you could just import one user (or set of users).
That way you will not import the sys and system users and their pwd will remain the same.

If you HAVE to do a full import you can use your solution. Create a user with DBA rights, import, connect as the user and alter the sys and system passwords
e.g. ALTER USER SYS IDENTIED BY <PWD>;
This will work, i have used it many times.

Greetz

Ron