Re: HELP Strange one!!! Ora Dev2000 forms 4.5, Ora8i Personal and Ora 7

From: MarkyG <markg_at_mymail.tm>
Date: 14 Mar 2002 04:53:51 -0800

[Quoted] Looking at metalink docs, it seems you have the 'Use Security' option turned on on your menu, try turning it off and see if it improves things.

My guess is that the security stuff forms is looking for does not exist in your new 8i database but is in your v7 one. OR
The oracle user in v7 has been given the priviledge to run the menu in but not in 8i. you may have to run the forms menu role script against your 8i database, called something like frm45sec.sql

HTH M