Re: Help! How can I get the source code of a wrapped procedure ?

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 04:33:57 GMT

Yong,

I'd say, not without sympathy, you're doomed as far as this goes.

As Jim Kennedy said, you can certainly try calling Oracle Support. However, the whole idea of procedure wrapping was to defeat precisely what you are wishing to do.

I have no idea offhand whether the algorithm is reversible, it is intended for finished, production code being shipped, after all tests at the function, unit, subsystem, and system level have been checked out.

It is very important to ensure that you keep a separate subdirectory to hold an exact image of your code prior to wrapping, file by file, and, well, not let anything happen to it until your wrapped code passes the same tests. And then of course archive the original SQL / PL/SQL etc.

I know, this is like the wife saying "I TOLD YOU we should have filled up at the gas station, before he's stuck walking 5 miles back to the place, only to find it closed; it's a crummy piece of advice to give, but all I can offer to make sure it never happens again.

(yeah right...well, we can hope it happens less often at least)

Good luck anyhow. I never wrap anything until its positively, absolutely a stable code base.....and then that's their copy. Again, sorry, cold words of comfort but coming from someone else who learned the hard way.

RSH.