Help: How to deal with chained_rows with raw and long raw column

From: Mike F <u518615722_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 16:20:30 GMT

[Quoted] For normal table, I usually do

create table temp_chained_rows as select * from $owner.$table where rowid in (select head_rowid from chained_rows);

delete from $owner.$table where rowid in (select head_rowid from  chained_rows;

insert into $owner.$table select * from temp_chained_rows;

But with table with raw type, I will get an error

SQL> create table temp_chained_rows as select * from motech.trfminfo; create table temp_chained_rows as select * from motech.trfminfo

                                         *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00997: illegal use of LONG datatype

[Quoted] And it is a large table, I do not want to do a export/import for only a few chained rows, what should I do to eliminate the chained rows?

Thanks for your help

--
Sent by  dbadba62 from hotmail subpart from com