Re: Forms 6i Q

From: Rajesh Jayaprakash <rajesh.j_at_vsnl.net>
Date: 7 Mar 2002 21:37:20 -0800

"Pieter J.D. Huiberts" <phuiberts_at_ivwnet.com> wrote in message news:<3C86C1B0.40204_at_ivwnet.com>...
> Hello,
> The situation is this: I have two modeless windows open. The dialog
> window is opend by the document window via the open_form command.
>
> I would like to be able to copy text (varchar2) from the dialog window
> into the document window. The document window may or may not already
> have items filled out that I can not be lost.
>
> I have tried to copy the text from the dialog into a variable and do
> go_form and try to copy the content of the variable, but that does not
> work. COPY and NAME_IN do not seem to help me either
>
> Any suggestions how I can transfer the text (cut & paste is not the
> desired option)
>
> thanks,
> Piet

There are two options for this:

  1. Use a global variable.
  2. Create a package in a PLL. Put data into a member of this package in the called form and retrieve it from the calling form. The catch here is that the called form should be invoked with the data_mode paramater set to SHARE_LIBRARY_DATA so that the two forms share the same instance of the package.

Regards,

Rajesh Received on Fri Mar 08 2002 - 06:37:20 CET

Original text of this message