Re: Oracle Blob write/read with c#

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 12:42:52 +0300

Slight correction: SQLJ is Sun's way of embedding SQL in Java, not Oracle's.

As of C# support for Oracle - no idea how far it goes. Actually LOBs are around for quite some time in all major databases, so if there's support for Oracle, there should be support for LOBs (although it may be less extensive than native due to standartization reasons - the narrowest common subset of functionality is usually implemented to have the same code work the same for all database servers). For example, java.sql package implements LOBs, but to access all Oracle-specific features you need to use LOB types defined in oracle.sql. I suspect the same's with C#.

--
Vladimir Zakharychev (bob_at_dpsp-yes.com)                http://www.dpsp-yes.com