Re: Subscript/Superscript

From: Bricklen Anderson <bricklen13_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Mar 2002 14:57:31 -0800

Why not try a trigger (Before Insert or Update) to accomplish something like that?
Depending on the types of data you insert into those particular columns, a trigger could work well in converting data like so:

insert into your_table (col1) values ('H2O2');

the trigger could take both of the 2's and makes them into subscripts etc.
You'd have to apply some sort of logic if you wanted to implement superscript as well. (may have to use procedures to apply the logic, depending on your needs)