Re: End-user reporting tool

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 19:12:35 +0100

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:35:45 +0000 (UTC), "Gerrit-Jan Linker" <gjlinker_at_oraxcel.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>It's not spamming but helping out. This person wants a way to get his Oracle
>data into Excel. That's what my utility does. Moreover, the functionality
>required is present in the free LITE version of SQL*XL. I don't see your
>problem.

Apparently you only take up those questions you can misuse to promote your own product.
You've done that quite aggressively here the last two weeks.  I didn't see you answering any question where the word SQL*XL didn't occur.
Everyone who is not a too incidental visitor will by know your product exist, or he/she must be blind.
For product promotions websites have been invented, at least that is were there are most used for.
Please choose an appriopiate medium to promote your product. In fact you misuse this forum for your own purposes. That should definitely be considered spamming.
If you and others continue, providers might even choose to reduce the retention time of newsgroup posts here. Hopefully that is not what you are up too.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Feb 28 2002 - 19:12:35 CET

Original text of this message