Re: Pro*C/C++ compile question

From: Rajesh Jayaprakash <rajesh.j_at_vsnl.net>
Date: 27 Feb 2002 02:07:20 -0800

Andy Torble <andy.torble_at_t2consulting.co.uk> wrote in message news:<3C7B7BCE.AD5C6CB2_at_t2consulting.co.uk>...
> Hi people,
>
> I'm trying to advise a friend on using Pro*C/C++ on 8.0.4 on Unix as was
> wondering if its possible to compile a series of source files in a
> single invocation to make (I'm not too familiar with how make works with
> pro*c).
>
> The condition I have is a single executable which references
> functions/methods in a number of other pro*c/c++ files ie:
>
> target.pc uses object1.pc, object2.pc etc (there are no
> interdependencies between the objectx.pc files).
>
> So I would like to be able to call make thus:
>
> make -f$ORACLE_HOME/precomp/demo/demo_proc.mk cppbuild
> EXE=target
>
> and have it compile object1.pc, object2.pc then target.pc.
>
> Will this work and if not is there another syntax that I can use that
> would mean not having to call make multiple times.
>
> Unfortunately I don't have access to a Unix box to test my theory -
> hence this posting.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Andy

This is very much possible using 'make'. The proc.mk file supplied by Oracle should contain samples similar to this.

BTW, the command line can be simply 'make <target>'. This will automatically force the utility to look for a file called 'makefile' in the current directory, so as long as you maintain the name as 'makefile', it will work.

Regards,

Rajesh Received on Wed Feb 27 2002 - 11:07:20 CET

Original text of this message