Oracle Reports. Outputing preformated text in HTML.

From: a1ik <a1ik.REMOVE_THIS_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:06:27 GMT

[Quoted] Hello all,

I hope somebody can give me an advice.

I have multiline preformatted text stored in VARCHAR2 column. I need to output this text in Oracle Reports filed preserving all spaces and new lines even when report is generated in HTML format. If I let Oracle Reports to generate HTML it creates HTML table and puts the content of the column into a table's cell without handling multiple spaces and new lines. To fix that, I introduced a column formula which insets <pre> and </pre> HTML tags before and after the text. However, these tags are converted by Oracle Reports into &lt...&rt sequences and as a result are ignored by browsers. When I set "Contains HTML tags" property of the Oracle Reports filed to 'YES' the tags are not suppressed, however Oracle Reports fixes the size of the filed and doesn't let me to use 'Expand' and 'Variable' settings for it. The text I am trying to output has multiple lines and the number of lines can vary, so I can't use the field of fixed size.

I am stack and would appreciate any suggestions,

thank you!

--Alexander Received on Sun Feb 24 2002 - 19:06:27 CET

Original text of this message