Re: Scanner for PLSQL to show the structure of the packages

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:00:02 GMT

I am tempted to say RTM to your request ... but I won't. <g>

How about this:

SQL> DESC package_name

or how about this:

SELECT argument_name, data_type, default_value, in_out FROM all_arguments
WHERE owner = schema_name
AND package_name = package_name (or IS NULL) AND object_name = procedure_or_function_name ORDER BY position;

All of this information is in the data dictionary.

Daniel Morgan