Re: Minimizing Forms 6 windows

From: guycorbett_at_my-deja.com <(guycorbett_at_my-deja.com)>
Date: 22 Feb 2002 00:58:01 -0800

After further investigation and in the absence of any replies I concluded this is a forms bug and found a workaround, so for anybody else facing this problem:

It seems pressing the minimize icon both sets window_state to minimize and issues a next_form in both 4.5 and 6I. When the next form is activated and the WHEN-WINDOW-ACTIVATED trigger fires a get_window_property(:SYSTEM.EVENT_WINDOW,window_state) returns MINIMIZE but, in Forms 6 only, the form is subequentlly returned to window_state normal. I cannot find any trigger which is doing this and the same happens with a new minimal form. I created a timer in the WHEN-WINDOW-ACTIVATED trigger of 1 ms duration, in the WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED trigger I put a
set_window_property(:SYSTEM.EVENT_WINDOW,window_state,MINIMIZE). This causes the rather strange appearance of the window coming and going but at least it finishes off where the user want it, minimized. Received on Fri Feb 22 2002 - 09:58:01 CET

Original text of this message