How to rescue a corrupt form (FRM-10043: Cannot open file)

From: Ruben calderon <ruben_calderon_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2002 06:49:09 -0800

[Quoted] I am using Forms 4.5 in Windows ME (Oracle 8.0.4).

I keep getting "FRM-10043: Cannot open file" message when I try to open a particular form, or a form that references it.

I have:

  • Checked ownership/access rights to files (OK)
  • Checked free disk space (OK)
  • re-extracted the form from our sotware safe (that I worked on before with no problems)
  • re-installed Oracle, checked the system path, registry FORM45_PATH
  • tried the script=yes switch in designer to try and generate a text file (I get FRM-10043).
  • tried the CHKCONS=YES switch in designer to perform an internal structure check (I still get FRM-10043)

You can respond in spanish or english (ruben_calderon_at_hotmail.com.

Many thanks,

Rubén Calderón Received on Tue Feb 19 2002 - 15:49:09 CET

Original text of this message