Re: PL/SQL To Java

From: Avi Abrami <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 09:45:49 +0200

skanjila wrote:

> Hello:
> Does anyone know whether I can call Java code (specifically JNI) from PL/SQL
> inside Oracle 8i, note that this Java code exists outside of the database.
> Do I need to use brute force and make the PL/SQL talk to a Java stored
> procedure which is a client which in turn talks with the JNI code now acting
> like a server??
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> SK

Hi SK,
I'm not sure I understand you, but if by,"outside the database", you mean a separate JVM to the one running inside the database server, then you can do this using RMI.

If you mean that the ".class" file is not "loaded" into the database (using the "loadjava" tool), then I don't know how to do that. You may be able to set up some class loading mechanism from inside the Oracle JVM that can load these "external" java classes -- but I don't really know how you would go about doing that.

Hope this has helped you.

Good Luck,
Avi. Received on Sun Feb 17 2002 - 08:45:49 CET

Original text of this message