Re: Making Old Toad Work

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.Wessman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2002 10:27:16 -0500

Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> writes:

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:30:52 -0500, Jeff Kish <jeff.kish_at_ait-mmii.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Greetings.
> >
> >I find the old toad (5.08.20) very useful. I don't want the new toad
> >unless there is no way around it, as this one was free and I don't
> >need to renew it monthly.
> >
> >Unfortunately, with the installation of an Oracle 8i client, the old
> >toad does not run any longer ("can't load OCI dll") is the messagebox.
> >
> >Can anyone suggest any solution for this that includes keeping my old
> >toad?
> >
> >Thanks
> >Jeff Kish
>

> OCI.dll no longer exists
I'm not sure if this works with older versions, but you can specify the location of the DLL with the ocidll argument as in:

toad ocidll=%ORACLE_HOME%\bin\oci8.dll

I think that oci8.dll was the name of the DLL in Oracle8, but I primarily use Unix.

BTW, oci.dll does exist in 9i (that's how I discovered this argument in the first place). Toad cannot find it for some reason.

                                     Rick

> Regards
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

                                Rick Wessman
                                Security Assurance Group
                                Oracle Corporation
                                Rick.Wessman_at_oracle.com

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.