Sharing package data among forms

From: Rajesh Jayaprakash <rajesh.j_at_vsnl.net>
Date: 12 Feb 2002 23:05:24 -0800

I would like to share a PL/SQL index-by table among two forms in my Developer 6i application, but am not sure whether this is feasible or not.

I have created a package (in a library) with the table defined in the package specification:

PACKAGE pkg IS
  type table1 is table of tbl%rowtype

          index by binary_integer ;

  tab table1 ;

  procedure populate_tab ;
END; The package contains a procedure, populate_tab, which populates this table.

My intent is to call populate_tab from one form, and refer to the table's contents from another form.

I find that the table contains no data (count is zero) when referred from the second form. Does this mean that this approach is wrong, i.e., the package data is not shared, but is local to each form?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Rajesh Jayaprakash
rajesh.j_at_vsnl.net Received on Wed Feb 13 2002 - 08:05:24 CET

Original text of this message