Re: Setting permission based on column

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:17:55 +0100

AFAIK this worked in Oracle 6!
The references privilege comes into play when you have a foreign key to a different schema. The owner of that schema must grant reference on his table(s).
IMO, you should try to avoid this situation: it usually results in a myriad of privileges, better known as a mess.

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA