Re: Oracle Export File Format

From: <ckh>
Date: 11 Feb 2002 14:56:13 GMT

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 18:49:06, danziger_2k_at_hotmail.com (Albert Alan) wrote:

> I'm interested in knowing the file structure of binary files created
> by Oracle's export utility. Does anyone have documentation regarding
> this? Or better yet, code that can ready the structure? TIA
>
> danziger_2k_at_hotmail.com

We understand the file format but consider that to be part of our service. We build data extraction and data rescue utilities.

Oracle does not document the file format. In fact, they've changed it several times.

If you just want the data, one-off, check our webpage

         www.kiyoinc.com/nxtract.html

If you want the data from an existing rdbms, I can tell you that it's not cost effective to reverse engineer the EXP/.dmp and you'd be better off rigging up something with SQL or just use our utility.

The demo version has a generous row limit and will work for smallish table dumps.

If you have to go after the EXP/.dmp, we've already done it. There's info on the webpage.

--
cory