Re: Database Extents - Export and Import

From: Eddy Legrain <eddy.legrain_at_chello.be>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 21:49:30 +0100

Hi,

There are a lot of potential problems with exp and imp utilities.

Questions about this issue are for exemple :

  • What version of Oracle ?
  • How long this database may be stopped ?
  • What the size of this database ?
  • Plattform ?
  • Existing bug about exp, imp or rdbms ?
  • Are quota used (correctely) ?
  • The scripts for create a database are existeng and correct ?
  • Is DBA Assistant is clean without bugs ?
  • Are you experience about exp and imp ?
  • Etc.

But for me exp and imp are not the best tools or way to defragment a database.

_at_+ Eddy Legrain