9iAS and forms performance issue

From: Eric L. DeWerth <edewerth_at_charter.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 07:34:47 -0500

I had and 8.1.6 db and 8iAS setup on two separate Dell quad processor servers with 1 gig of ram on WINNT 4, SP6a, running a forms application and the performance time was great. Two weeks ago, I exported the db and kept the init.ora and did and upgrade from WINNT4, SP6 to WIN2K, SP2 and upgrade the db server to 8.1.7 and the app server to 9iAS and now my performance is horrific. I blew away the NT install completely and installed Win2k fresh so its not an OS upgrade problem but I'm not sure where to look,but the natives are getting restless. I used the exact same setup on my db and the exact same INIT.ORA file so I was expecting the exact same results but no go. What used to take 1-2 sec to pull a form now takes 10-30 secs to pull a form but the query speed is still at a constant 1-2 sec, its just a forms propagation issue. Once the view is up it works but is also slow moving form tab to tab but that is changing the view. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Received on Thu Feb 07 2002 - 13:34:47 CET

Original text of this message