Re: Is it necessary for a DBA to learn JAVA?

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_nospam_at_singnet_nospam.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 21:21:15 +0800

It depends on what languages are in use at your site. I look at Pro*C programs --- we upgraded from 8.0.x and 8.1.6 to 8.1.7 and I had to help the developer recompile Pro*C programs. I've never had to look at Java code (frankly I'm not inclined towards Java -- I'm happy to stay away from it, I don't have much respect for the performance of Java programs).

Hemant K Chitale
http://hkchital.tripod.com