Re: How can i export a Oracle 8i data to Oracle8 database

From: <ckh>
Date: 6 Feb 2002 13:05:09 GMT

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 02:28:05, "lalala" <lalala_at_sohu.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After I export a user from 8i, to a .dmp file(using exp command) ,
> I can not use the .dmp file to import to a oracle 8 database.
> The error message is can not tell the dmp file type.
>
> My question is , how can I export a 8i database as a 8 .dmp file?
> Or if there is another way to do this kind of things?
> Thanks for any suggestions
>
> lalala

try our Windows based EXP-DMP extracter at

    http://www.kiyoinc.com/nxtract.html

It might solve the problem.

Oracle's .dmp file format changes every few releases and the IMP program does not like to read newer versions of the .dmp file. Nxtract converts .dmp files into standard flat files that most programs can read.

The demo program on the website has a capacity limit but it's large enough that most small databases don't hit it.

--
cory