Re: Is it necessary for a DBA to learn JAVA?

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh_at_gtfs-gulf.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:21:54 +0400

[Quoted] I would like to disagree to this.

Oracle is moving towards java and as a DBA i would surely like to learn JAVA [Quoted] so that i know what my Database can do andthe developers can do to my database from java.

Since a lot can be achived from withing java in the Oracle database it is always better know the basics of that language. You need not learn how to create EJB and all but the basics i feel is very importnt.

--
HTH -- Additions and Corrections Welcome.

Regards,
Ganesh R