Re: Elementary question on ODBC driver

From: Rajesh Jayaprakash <rajesh.j_at_vsnl.net>
Date: 5 Feb 2002 20:56:16 -0800

"Loic Gouthiere" <l.gouthiere_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:<a3p7kk$cv$1_at_wanadoo.fr>...
> Hi Rajesh,
>
> In the ODBC manager it ask me a library when i install Oracle ODBC.
> Do you knowwhtich libray it need.
>
> Thank you
>
> Loic
> --

I am not sure what message you are getting, but usually the Oracle ODBC drivers are installed with Microsoft Data Access Components. The driver will be named something like MSORCL.DLL. To install the driver, you need to run the command 'regsvr32 <dll name>' from the command prompt. You don't need an ODBC driver from Oracle (I'm not sure about this, but Mictosoft's driver is supposed to be more feature-rich than Oracle's, i.e., it conforms to a higher version of the ODBC API -- perhaps somebody else can throw more light on this).

Regards,

Rajesh

P.S there is a also a separate setup program for Microsoft ODBC, but I don't know where it is available. Received on Wed Feb 06 2002 - 05:56:16 CET

Original text of this message