Apache to run ProC Apps

From: Rob <rob_at_ultimatejujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 17:18:13 -0500

Hi,

(Oracle 8.1.7.0.1 on Linux-Mandrake 8.0)

I'm currently building an application that will be run from my Apache Web-Server. I've compiled a (test) program with the ProC recompiler and it's working ok if i run it as my development user.

but when i run it on the web-server, i get the error of :

"my_app: error while loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.8.0: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory."

the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to $ORACLE_HOME/lib for both users, but i don't think the Apache users environment is set when web users run the app.

Any way to get around this???

Cheers,

Rob Received on Tue Feb 05 2002 - 23:18:13 CET

Original text of this message