Re: Help! Can't get Developer 9i to deploy to WebLogic....

From: Richard Berger <Richard.Berger_at_nextcard.com>
Date: 2 Feb 2002 14:03:36 -0800

rrkodali_at_yahoo.com (Raghu) wrote in message news:<61e90571.0202021122.475aa3c_at_posting.google.com>...
> Richard.Berger_at_nextcard.com (Richard Berger) wrote in message news:<d3ed84da.0202011645.62fc2588_at_posting.google.com>...
> > I am trying to set up a connection to WebLogic 6.1, but when I go
> > through the connection wizard, the Test Connection always fails with
> > "Cannot instantiate class: weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory".
> > This class is in weblogic.jar and I have included weblogic.jar in the
> > classpath for the project as well as specifying it in the Connection
> > information. In particular, on the Connection tab of the wizard,
> > where it asks for "Path to weblogic.jar Containing WebLogic Client", I
> > entered "D:\bea\wlserver6.1\lib\weblogic.jar". Everything else about
> > my system is vanilla (only one server (myserver), all other defaults.
> >
> > I am using the JDeveloper 9i Release Candidate on Windows NT and other
> > than this problem it seems to work fine. I have been able to manually
> > create the .war file and deploy it and it works fine, but I was hoping
> > for the automatic deployment.
> >
> > Thanks SO MUCH for any help!
> > RB
>

> Copy the weblogic.jar file from your WebLogic installation directory
> (the default location is c:\bea\wlserver6.1\lib) to the following
> JDeveloper directory: jdev_home/jdev/lib/ext
> Close JDeveloper and relaunch after copying the file
> For detailed instructions on how to setup weblogic connection see
> Help System
> Select "packaging and deploying"
> Select "Creating Application Server connections"
> Select "creating a connection to weblogic"
>
> Release candidate of JDeveloper can only do automatic deployment of
> EJB's to weblogic server.
> In the production release, we will have automatic deployment of WAR
> and EAR also.
>
> raghu
> JDev Team

Thanks much - I will give this a try on Monday. By the way, JDev seems like a pretty awesome tool (and I look forward to the automatic deployment of WAR/EAR files). Note: I assume that in the Connection instructions, the path I should use for "Path to weblogic.jar Containing WebLogic Client" is still
"D:\bea\wlserver6.1\lib\weblogic.jar" (rather than jdev_home/jdev/lib/ext/weblogic.jar).

RB Received on Sat Feb 02 2002 - 23:03:36 CET

Original text of this message