Re: All computers in the world MUST sync with ATOMIC clock before 12:00 AM 21 July 2001!!!

From: Priapus <priapus_at_example.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 17:13:13 -0800

alavoor wrote:

> All computers in the world MUST sync with ATOMIC clock before 12:00 AM
> 21 July 2001!!!
>
> hello:
> You must sync your PC's date and time with Cesium Atomic clock.
>
> Use this very small and tiny program written in PHP.

> [snip]
> Please download the program from:
> http://phpclasses.upperdesign.com/browse.html/package/285

[Quoted] [Quoted] Uhhhhh. ... What am I missing here. ... I get it! ... He's putting me on.

Do I need to say that it is a good idea to keep your machine's clocks sync'd [Quoted] all the time. One good reason is so that your CVS (you do use CVS, or [Quoted] something like it, don't you) check-in timestamps are consistent with everyone elses. Your log timestamps can be corelated with events on other machines, ... yadda.

You do know that the NTP protocol is made just for this. ... Right! ... That [Quoted] on Windows a very good program to sync your clocks is called D4Time; it's [Quoted] free. That on most UNIX flavors, an open source program called xntpd works wonders too.

Sorry if I offended everyones intelligence. I'm new around here. Received on Sat Feb 02 2002 - 02:13:13 CET

Original text of this message