interMedia and Stop Sections in XML

From: Donald Kim <donald.kim_at_usa.net>
Date: 31 Jan 2002 16:01:32 -0800

Hi all,

I've been trying to implement full-text search using interMedia on Oracle 8.1.6. I've almost got it, but I still have one problem. The files are all XML, so I using an AUTO_SECTION_GROUP. I have added a stop section ('skip'), but the contents of any <skip> tags as well as "skip," itself, is being returned when I perform searches (I have rebuilt my index, with what I believe are the appropriate parameters).  Outside of this problem, everything seems to be fine.

Here is a sample XML file:

<doc>
<skip>This is a test to disable tags on search</skip>
<read>This should be detected</read>
</doc>

Here is the syntax for my index creation:

create index docs_idx on docs(file)
indextype is ctxsys.context
parameters ('datastore docs_datastore section group docs_section_group');

To explain my parameters, "docs_datastore" is a FILE_DATASTORE with the path to my XML files, and "docs_section_group" is an AUTO_SECTION_GROUP with a stop section 'skip.'

I am using the following syntax to test the full-text search:

select file, score(1) from docs
where contains(file, 'about(skip)', 1) > 0;

and

select file, score(1) from docs
where contains(file, 'skip', 1) > 0;

Any insight would be appreciated.

Don Kim Received on Fri Feb 01 2002 - 01:01:32 CET

Original text of this message