Re: ????? Suggestions on Oracle 9i OCP prep ????

From: Joe Madden <Joe.Madden_at_Readyrouter.com>
Date: 30 Jan 2002 15:44:06 -0800

> "Joe Madden" <Joe.Madden_at_Readyrouter.com> wrote in message
> > I have to agree with the assessment of Jason Couchman's book. It is
> > littered with incorrect answers to review questions and additional
> > misleading statements (i.e. a primary key column is required in a
> > join).
> > But in a more positive light, I beleive he does an excellent job of
> > including basic topics in a clear and concise manor. I'm sure he was
> > rushed to publish this book in a hurry.
> > I am curious if anyone has taken the test? And what is the test like?
> > Is it straight forward or intentionally worded to trick you into an
> > incorrect answer?
> > Is there a difference between the web exam or the classroom exam?
> > Is the Couchman book enough or do I need to purchase the Oracle test
> > tests?
> > Thanks

I'll answer my questions in the previous posting for future OCP participants. I just took the test (online) and passed!! Jason's book and 6 years of DBA experience was enough to pass the test. The book covers most of the general topics, but the question examples were not as hard as the real test. If you are a beginner, I would recommend studing the STS tests also. The real test is not easy and tries to trip you. You really need to know SQL to pass the test. I would give you examples but I'm sure Oracle would frown on it. Good Luck! Received on Thu Jan 31 2002 - 00:44:06 CET

Original text of this message