Re: Using CONTINUEIF in sqlldr control file

From: Morten <morten_at_kikobu.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:16:49 +0100

Morten wrote:

> Can any of you explain this behaviour to me? Ideally, I would like
> to be able to have the loader to handle a multiline 'title' column,
> eg.
>
> |"Title that br
> %eaks line"|22-12-1990|21-04-1994
>
> This was the kind of behaviour I'd expect the above control file to
> deal with. Any insight much appreciated.

Although I have no clear idea of why the previous attempt did not work, I managed to accomplish the above by using CONTINUEIF LAST = '%' My best bet is that sqlldr evaluates the columns of the physical records in a manner that I am not meant to understand. Now I just need to make it realise that it should consider % an escape char and not insert that into my table..

Morten Received on Wed Jan 30 2002 - 13:16:49 CET

Original text of this message