Re: Forms as Applets over the Internet

From: Joe Black <ezdbs_at_san.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 06:50:24 GMT

Hi Nigel,

I've done this for a while. Browser configuration is a pain. I'm still looking for a "clean" implementation. Base class download should occur only once, and I've noticed when using IE5.5 native JVM that it goes even faster. The forms server now runs through a servlet in the latest versions of 9iAS which means everything runs through port 80 or 443 (SSL) which saved me a bunch of headaches with my project. So, I think I could recommend it as soon as I (or Oracle) get the browser configuration issue worked out, especially IE6.0 not having a JVM is a really big bummer.

Hope that helps,
Rob