Re: Importing user in an other tablespace

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:16:08 +0100

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:48:26 GMT, dale_at_databee.com (Dale Edgar) wrote:

>Hi Frank
>
>On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:18:25 +0100, "Frank Demuynck"
><frank.demuynck_at_entelec.be> wrote:
>
>>I want to move a user who is created in the tablespace users to an other
>>tablespace on an other server.
>> [...stuff snipped...]
>>So the import want to create the table in the tablespace users who is
>>offline
>>But I want that the import create the tables in the new tablespace
>
>The export file has the storage clause and tablespace information
>imbedded within it. You will have to pre-create the objects that are
>to go into the new tablespace and then import with the ignore=Y
>option.
>
>If you don't wish to find and modify all the DDL by hand you should
>consider getting the free DBATool software. The DBATool is designed
>to read an export file and strip off (or replace) tablespace and
>storage clause information. It is a trival task to have the DBATool
>generate runnable SQL scripts of your DDL without the tablespace and
>storage clause information.
>
>The DBATool can be found at: http://www.databee.com/dt_home.htm
>
>Thanks
>Dale Edgar
>Net 2000 Ltd.
>Dale_at_DataBee.com

Everyone knows by now this tool exist, and with a download speed of less than 2k per sec it isn't very useful for many. In the time you spend to downlod it, you can also RTFM and find a solution which is not tool dependent.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Jan 24 2002 - 17:16:08 CET

Original text of this message