Re: Ascii-Export

From: Dale Edgar <dale_at_databee.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:53:34 GMT

Hi Detlef

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:04:03 +0100, Detlef Jockheck <djockheck_at_gauselmann.de> wrote:

>I've exportet my db with exp into a dump-file, which is a binary file. Is
>it possible to create a "ascii"-dump-file. I want to compare a DB on two
>different servers using the unix "diff"-command.

If you are only interested in comparing the DDL then you could use the free DBATool to dump the DDL of both instances to the disk as SQL files and then diff the files. If you want to diff for data differences your best bet is SQL queries or spooling the table contents to disk in a sorted manner and then diffing those files

The free DBATool can be found at http://www.databee.com/dt_home.htm

Regards
Dale Edgar
Net 2000 Ltd.
Dale_at_DataBee.com Received on Thu Jan 24 2002 - 13:53:34 CET

Original text of this message