Re: Best way to administer a DB over the internet

From: Antti Järvinen <costello_at_iki.fi>
Date: 23 Jan 2002 11:12:57 +0200

ron_at_santillano.net (warlord52) writes:
> I am looking for information on administering Databases via the
> internet. Primarily I would like to use Enterprise Manager - But how
> is the rest configured. If anyone could provide me with some ideas or
> websites to check.

Is it difficult to log in to DB server via ssh and enable X11 forwarding: if you have Enterprise Manager installed in the server, just run it as any other program? Ssh is availabe for free from http://www.openssh.com/ and maybe from other places too.

Of course it means that you need to open ssh port for access at least from some addresses..but I would not consider that a huge risk.

I do the same, but stick with text-based tools. Works faster and is easier to use.

--
Antti Järvinen, costello_at_iki.fi
            "concerto for two faggots and orchestra"