Re: DBA trying to learn java please advise

From: Eric Fortin <emfortin_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 15:24:04 GMT

The most comprehensive/easy to comprehend site for java: http://developer.java.sun.com

The best online tutorial I've found
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/

The best Swing tutorial
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/index.html

a great JDBC/Database application:
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Database/dukesbake ry/

Note: It uses MS Access, but you can simply switch the dns entry to point an Oracle Database. For Oracle connection strings, use technet.oracle.com to find some examples. They are better than searching JDC.

Yet another link:
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/

The source of the information is not very diverse, but the content is, and it is all exceptional. You may have to register to the community, but don't worry, it's free.

Hth
Eric