NLS_LANG in WinNT registry, using Designer, Developer and DB on same machine

From: Frank Heuer <fheuer_at_oekodata.de>
Date: 17 Jan 2002 09:52:03 GMT

Hallo,

[Quoted] let us have an oracle.

I use Oracle Designer, Developer (Forms and Reports) and the DB on an Pentium III WinNT SP6 system.
I work in Germany, most of ouer customers are Germans, and I need help for configuring my System.

I wont, that my developing tools work with english / american -language, because most of the Dokus you find are like that.

I wont to run the DB on english / american or for some other purposes in german, depends on the Projekt.

The designer install procedure tells me, that I can not run it whith the German-Language, because I do have to install some Language-package, I do not have.

In the registry under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE" there are different Keys, that contain the string "NLS_LANG" whith the value for language, territorium and characterset to use in it.

Can somebody tell me how to set this string / value -pair under the different subkeys and in which order/prority?

Regards

Frank Received on Thu Jan 17 2002 - 10:52:03 CET

Original text of this message