Re: SQL or Java?

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:17:56 GMT

[Quoted] I think the big question that you need to answer is this: do you NEED the relational capabilities of an RDBMS to perform these "field checks" and data merges? Unless you don't, IMHO, the DBA just doesn't want to administer [Quoted] the separate database for these conversions and is looking to push this out of [Quoted] his realm of responsibility.