Designer:-Msg: diagram is corrupt. Error CDY-21601

From: Frank Heuer <fheuer_at_oekodata.de>
Date: 16 Jan 2002 07:05:55 GMT

Hallo!

I use
- Oracle DB 8.1.7 patched,

  • Designer 6i Rel 2
  • Forms and Reports 6i

on a

Pentium III with Win NT SP6. All on the same machine.

I have a problem with ER-Diagrammer. After building and editing an ER-  everything seems to be ok. But when I close Designer and restart it, opening the diagrams fails with the following message:

Message

CDY-21601: The selected diagram is corrupt. A recovery will be attempted.

Cause

The .msg message file 'd:\oratools\sysmod61\cdus.msg' for product "SYSMOD61", utility "CDY" could not be found.

Action

The recovery afterwards fails also. I just see a white page.

And then something magic:
When I lock in to the repository from another machine with nearly the same configuration, the diagram opens whith no failure.

So I did the following:

I started the RAU and there started the "Recreate" whith "full reconcile"- option. After this, I can open my ER-  whithout an error on the first machine :-) but :-(

when I start the DDT to bring the ER-Diagram to a Server-Model, on WinNT Dr. Watson starts and terminated AWE61.exe.

Oracle Designer is a professionel Tool to bring your Models quick to an Application ! ? ? ?

There must be an basically error somwhere in my installation or Oracle.

Need help

Frank Received on Wed Jan 16 2002 - 08:05:55 CET

Original text of this message