Oracle 8i (8.1.7): How to set timeout when connecting by OCI to remote DB

From: Tomislav <shaka_at_envox.hr>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:30:44 +0100

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am wondering how can I set exact timeout how long I want to wait for a "OCIServerAttach" or "OCISessionBegin" functions to connect to a remote database.

For example:

  • network is unplugged or unreachable: functions wait for a couple of seconds before reporting an error. I would like to specify exact time to wait for this event.

Is the nonblocking mode the only way to go?

/Tomislav. Received on Tue Jan 15 2002 - 16:30:44 CET

Original text of this message