Designer:-Msg: diagram is corrupt. Error CDY-21601

From: Frank Heuer <fheuer_at_oekodata.de>
Date: 15 Jan 2002 13:41:41 GMT

Hello,

i´ve got a problem whith Oracle Designer -> ER-Diagrammer.

I use

Designer 6i Rel 2
Forms and Reports 6i Rel 2
Oracle 8.1.7 patched

all on the same Machine (Win NT 4.0 SP6).

When i lock in as the repository owner and build an ER-Diagramm, save it, modify and so on, everything seems to be ok. But when i start Designer next and try to open the ER-Diagram, i get the Message as follows:

CDY-21601: The selected diagram is corrupt. A recovery will be attempted.

Cause

The .msg message file 'd:\oratools\sysmod61\cdus.msg' for product "SYSMOD61", utility "CDY" could not be found.

Action

So I just can click "o.k" (I hate it, when I just can do this) and Designer tries to recover the Diagram.

The discovering fails and I only see an inspiring white Page. And here something magic:
When I lock in also as repository owner from another Machine (nearly the same installation) I can open the same Diagram whithout an Error and close it. After this, I can open it on the first machine whithout an error.

Cause I do not wont to run from one machine to the other and back only for opening an ER-Diagram, I hope someone can help me.

Frank Heuer, Germany
(x-cuse my english) Received on Tue Jan 15 2002 - 14:41:41 CET

Original text of this message