Re: Forms Server (in Oracle9iAS): Is it going anywhere?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 22:17:04 +0100

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:40:43 GMT, Han Thomas <han_at_royal.net> wrote:

>Does anyone think Oracle is still serious about supporting and improving on
>Forms & Reports, especially in a WAN/Internet environment using Application
>Server / Forms server?
>
>Or is it time to jump out and look for something else to let people use an
>application from any location in the world?
>
>I know Forms and can deal with it's quirks and annoyances.. HTML based
>applications (using ASP/PHP/Java/etc) work great for simple applications and
>general automated tasks, but don't run an enterprise wide system..
>
>So, stick with Forms or try something else?
>
>Cheers,
>Han Thomas

I think Oracle has made a statement of direction on Forms, basically stating no new functionality is going to be added. They will however produce maintenance releases until at least 2006. The future of Oracle is going to be JDeveloper.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Jan 13 2002 - 22:17:04 CET

Original text of this message