Re: migrate paradox on msoft to 8i/9i on sun

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 21:08:15 +0000

[Quoted] Save off the content of the tables in some delimited format. I would suggest [Quoted] something other than comma separated values if you have any commas in your data ... try vertical bars as a substitute. Then load into Oracle using SQL*Loader.

You will want to build the tables, indexes, and constraints from scratch to [Quoted] take advantage of things Oracle has that Pdox doesn't/didn't. But if you want a tool to get you started ... you can reverse engineer Pdox to Oracle with ERWin.

Daniel Morgan