Re: Forms Builder 6.0: How to insert default values in query mode?

From: Rick E. <rickest_at_deleteme.yahooooo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:53:36 -0700

[Quoted] "Scott Mattes" <ScottMattes_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Couldn't you check the value of the field in your PRE-QUERY and set it to
> your default value ONLY if it is NULL?

[Quoted] Yes, that would work although it sure sounds sloppy to me. I have visions [Quoted] of learning over a customer's desk: "No, you don't have to fill out these [Quoted] three fields. If you leave them empty, I'll put some default data in there [Quoted] the for you. What's that? What will I put in those fields if you leave them empty? Here, let me write that down on a sticky for you and put it on [Quoted] your monitor. So, how are you liking my professional software so far?" Mmmm.

Is there really no way to just enter the data for them right there on the [Quoted] form where they can see/change/delete/accept it?

Thanks for the help,
Rick

P. S. Scott, sorry about the cc to your inbox. I use XNews at home; I'm currently at work and not as familiar with OE as a news reader.

> "Rick E." <rickest_at_deleteme.yahooooo.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the help, Paul, but unless I'm doing something wrong
PRE-QUERY