Re: using charts with forms

From: Tibor P. <Tibor_P_at_nowhere.xyz>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 16:55:34 +0100

Hi Shivaram,

"shivaram" <shiv102_at_yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c803e5c4.0201070424.5289fa2d_at_posting.google.com...
> hi,
> I need to create charts on a form.I would like to know
>
> 1. Is it necessary to use graphic builder to create charts ? In my
> chart there are also reference lines with the line graph whose values
> come from the DB.

you can also use display items with some vbx-generated pic, but then you have to access the database separately via odbc or so, hmm

I should prefer graphic builder

> 2.My PLSQL library does not have the component "OG.pll".Is this
> essential to use with forms 6i for invoking the ".ogd" files ?

yes!

> 3.If "OG.pll" is required , where can i download the component ?

it is part of oracle graphics, you will find it in the developer directory, just attach it to the form

> 4.Is there any document or material which will help me creating a
> chart in forms ?

there is a wizard in forms which helps you generate a chart and binds it to a chart item; make the first steps with this wizard and continue working with graphic builder later on