sequence as a not null value in tables

From: Rodek <roderyk_old_at_poczta.onet.pl-nospam>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 18:19:23 +0100

[Quoted] "Rodek" <roderyk_old_at_poczta.onet.pl-nospam> wrote in news:a0lbdr$qok$1_at_news.onet.pl:

> Hello
> Does anybody knows how to use sequence in WebDB?
> I want to use it when I pushed Insert button on a form.

Create insert before -trigger in database to use the sequence.

  • Harri

Thank Harri very much, trigger was the right. I wanted to put sequence in an identification number field, which must be not null.
With "before insert" I didnt solve that problem. I took "after insert" and I update table "id" field with sequence in trigger body. First I altered table
by inserting default 0 value of this field. Can Anybody write down how to do this with "befor insert" and dont use default values in table?

THX
Rodek Received on Sun Jan 06 2002 - 18:19:23 CET

Original text of this message