Error ORA-01000 when using CURSOR in select statement

From: Anette Engel <anette.engel_at_visitscotland.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 15:00:04 -0000

[Quoted] I quite like to use CURSOR in a select statement, since it would simply a few bits and pieces in my java code.

select ...

       cursor ( select ...
                from   ...
                where  ...
       ) as cursor_name

from ...
where ...

I tested the select statement first using Oracle SQL Plus. Depending on the size of my result set this works fine or I get the [Quoted] following error message:

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

Unfortunately I get very quickly the above error. Does anyone know would I could do to avoid above error.
I am wondering if it is at all feasible to use a cursor in a select statement as above.

Regards,

Anette Received on Fri Jan 04 2002 - 16:00:04 CET

Original text of this message