Re: Sql analyze virtual index feature

From: pokalulu <pokalulu_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 02:21:32 -0800

As I was reading a 9i article featuring on oracle sql analyze tool. The concept of constructing virtual indexes on the fly catches my attention. The client can create a virtual indexes in no time using this tool and see if is benefial to add indexes by building an explain plan that is aware of it. This is great !

The link is: http://otn.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/daily/Aug14.html#

Now..my question is..

Have anyone tested on this tool with the virtual index feature ? If so, how truly accurate is this virtual index estimation. If it's accurate. It's there a way we can construct virtual indexes on our own instead of using oracle tools to benefit from this? I am just making sure if the investment on this tool have to me made and it's worthy.

Thanks in advance.

pokalulu- Received on Fri Jan 04 2002 - 11:21:32 CET

Original text of this message